Care in Egham
Care in Egham is one of several charities that St John’s supports.
About CARE in Egham
CARE in Egham and District is a small, locally based charity which has served elderly and disabled people within our community for over 30 years.
They are a volunteer run charity that supports elderly and disabled people in our community with basic errands. If you need support with your food shop, getting your prescription, or attending a hospital appointment, they are here to help you.
Where they work
They are based in Egham but cover Englefield Green, Thorpe, and Virginia Water. They are also registered with Voluntary Support North Surrey and Surrey Community Action.
What they do
They have a network of locally based volunteer drivers who support elderly and disabled people with running basic errands. Their drivers have all been through a rigorous recruitment process so that they can be sure that their clients receive the highest quality care.
They run errands that can support clients with the following tasks:
- Offering lifts to and from hospital, doctors, and dentist appointments. They will ensure you get to the right place and will wait for you while your appointment takes place.
- Getting shopping done. If you struggle to get down to the shops and pick up food and the other things you need for daily life then they can support you with that.
- Gardening. They know the restorative power of a healthy and happy garden. If you need support to look after your garden, then they can help you with that.
- Signposting. They are well connected within the local community so they are in a good position to signpost you to any other support you might need.
- Getting out and about. They offer regular outings and day trips to local attraction so that you can get out and about.
How you can receive support
They run a dedicated phone line (01784 431 031) which is answered by their Duty Officer between 09:00-12:00 on weekdays. When you ring the Duty Officer, they will be able to take down the details of your request and arrange for one of the volunteer drivers to come out and support you. Visit the CARE website for more information.