All local Runnymede residents are welcome to purchase Fair Trade products through St John’s. Why?
- Bulk delivery means no postage and better for your pocket
- Bulk delivery means less energy and better for the environment
To Make An Order:
- Visit the Traidcraft website and browse the items: https://www.traidcraftshop.co.uk
- Jot down the items that you want to purchase & their code (which might be called SKU#)
- Email email@example.com with the items & quantity you want to purchase
- You will receive an email with the amount you need to pay and instructions to make an online payment at https://givealittle.co/campaigns/fe0ab8d1-00eb-4b9d-b161-25fec74d62cb
Note: The online payment system requires you to round up to the next 10p. This donation will go towards the work of Tearfund. Feel free to donate more to support their cause.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have made your full payment & the amount you have paid with the last 4 digits of your payment card. This will be checked.
- When the order arrives at St John’s, you will be notified to collect your order.
Orders will be processed and available for collection from St John’s Church or by other arrangements.
About Fair Trade
Fair Trade is about making trading partnerships where companies in developed countries pay fair prices to producers in developing countries.
Fair Trade is about supporting producers to grow their own businesses, helping them to have an impact on their own communities, giving them direct access to markets, and bypassing corrupt local businesses and shady government officials along the way.
Fair Trade is about addressing a global imbalance of power, and treating growers and artisans as equals. It’s about fighting discrimination, looking out for child welfare, and ensuring that artisans have access to the safe working conditions we all deserve, wherever we spend our days.
Fair Trade is about giving artisans and growers a voice, and listening to that voice.
By choosing to buy Fair Trade goods, you can support farmers and artisan suppliers around the globe . A wide range of Fair Trade products are now available, ranging from Fair Trade food and drink to clothes, gifts and household goods, so it’s easier to shop ethically than ever before.
Traidcraft are the original fair trade pioneers in the UK, advocating the importance of organic farming, sustainability and transparency to the lives of growers and artisans around the world.
Traidcraft was founded back in 1979, when the first catalogue was published introducing the first fair trade tea, coffee and sugar to the UK. In 1992 the Fair Trade Foundation was founded and has been going strong ever since.
Some of us buy Fair Trade products from the supermarket – coffee and bananas and perhaps other items too.
Some of us buy directly from Traidcraft – as an organisation they are committed to support the marginalized which the commercial organisations may ignore; their whole focus is on building sustainable businesses in countries needing help rather than just gaining green credentials. They have been working hard to process all the orders that have flooded in.St John’s will be able to offer a subscription service with Traidcraft as soon as we are allowed to do so. This will allow bulk buying and regular support for Traidcraft.