Join a Team
How can you get involved and serve?
There are a huge number of ways to get involved and help with the church. You can see a list of some of the opportunities to serve below.
You may also like to look at the skills questionnaire, which may suggest some ways in which you can serve the church.
If you would like more information about any of these volunteering activities, please get in touch with the Church Office and they can connect you to the right person.
- Creche: support our creche as they look after babies and toddlers during Sunday services
- Footprints: support our children’s work as they look after children during Sunday services
- Playtime: join our volunteer-run playgroup on a Friday
- Praise Tots: volunteer at our worship service for toddlers
- Children’s events: help us to run children’s events, such as our holiday club and Light Party
- Charged: support our team serving young people (11-18) during our Sunday services. At present three specific areas need help: regular weekly volunteers with groups, project volunteers (one-off for a specific thing), and administrative help.
- Flower arranging: help to arrange flowers to brighten up our buildings and gardens
- Art Team: if you have artistic talent do get in touch
- Music Group: get stuck in to our worship group
- Choir: use your gift for singing in the St John’s choir
- Sound Desk: ensure that everyone can be heard when they need to be, and to balance the music from the band. It’s actually not too difficult to learn how to do this
- Projection Team: make the right thing appear on the screen at the right time. You need to be reasonably confident with a PC, familiar with the worship at St John’s and prepared to operate the projector once every few weeks
- Web Team: help keep our web site up to date
- Coffee after services: serve the St John’s congregation after our services
- Christmas Kitchen: support our annual Christmas Kitchen
- Atrium Café: Volunteer at our community cafe
Supporting the church services
- Setting up the church: help us prepare the church building for services
- Intercessions: offer your powers of prayer during our Sunday services
- Serve at Revive: support our Sunday evening services
- Welcome Team: extend a welcoming hand to all those attending our services
- Sides-person Team: give out service sheets and other things that need doing during services
- Prayer Ministry Team: pray for those that need prayer after our services
So much more!
- Open Church: make the church available during lunchtimes in the week
- CAP volunteer: volunteer on our debt support programmes
- Mission Partnership Team: take part in the team that leads the mission work of the church
- Social Media Team: use your digital skills to support the church social media channels
- Church Working Party: join one of our gardening or cleaning working parties as we work together to make our church space beautiful
- Eco-Church: play your part in the team that is helping St John’s become more eco-friendly
- Fundraising: help us to fund our important mission work and pay off the costs of building the Easter Centre by running fundraisers
- Events Team: join the events team as they work on the many exciting events that take place at St John’s