Men’s Breakthrough Groups
During the Covid-19 pandemic groups have continued to meet virtually to support and pray for one another, for our church and for our community. If you would like to join, please contact the church office.
About the BreakThrough group
Faith is a journey and we can struggle with the walk alone, or we can find strength and support in doing it together. BreakThrough is a groups of guys who want to grow more in God, and recognise that it’s easier to go the road if we do it together.
Our (God-given) vision is to be men of God, men of prayer, seekers of God’s own heart, men who are ‘stepping up to the plate’, and men who are all that God seeks for us. None of us is perfect, that’s why it’s great to have support and encouragement from other guys on the same journey.
The cause: For Christ
- Allowing God to change us.
- Willing to step into His vision and go His way.
- To be ‘good and faithful’ servants of the King.
- To be the Mighty Men of God that we are called to be and can be.
- Being established in our identity in Christ
- To be, in all things, in all places, men of God, faithful disciples.
- Breaking through the things that hold us back.
What we commit to:
There are three BreakThrough groups and each one meets once a month for an evening meal. Some of us also get together for a breakfast too. We eat (very important!), talk, have fellowship, and pray together. We also commit to praying for (at least!) three things daily:
- Each other
- St John’s
- The wider church and mission
We hold each other up before God, encourage one another, and share our joys and difficulties together. We also support each other between meetings, in friendship, and in asking for prayer as we feel the need.
Get in touch to find out more
If you’re interested, or would like more details then contact the church office, we’ll be more than happy to tell you about the groups, and welcome you along.