To return to the main schedule – click here
Clean Up Egham
Sat 25th to Friday 31st July 2020
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it
As part of the St John’s Eco-Festival, we are excited that Egham Residents’ Association (ERA) is co-ordinating a Litter Pick Week and is inviting you, as households, families or groups of neighbours to get together to Litter Pick on your road – or part of your road.
How to Start
- Form your “group”, and choose a time during the week for your Litter Pick.
- Email ERA to register your interest on email@example.com
- ERA will draw up a timetable of litter picking, and post it on their Facebook Page: “Egham Residents’ Association (ERA)” https://www.facebook.com/EghamRA/
- ERA will arrange for litter pickers and heavy duty gloves to be delivered to you in time for your litter pick. All Litter Pick Groups are encouraged to advertise that they are joining in by creating a poster and putting it in their window(s) – like the COVID19 Rainbows
- Email a picture of your poster to ERA firstname.lastname@example.org and to St John’s Eco-Church* email@example.com and your poster will be published on both our Facebook pages as well as on St John’s Instagram.
- On the day of the Litter Pick if possible please take Before and After photos. ERA will put these in an Album to celebrate your achievement – and encourage others to join in.
- It doesn’t matter how big or small your Litter Pick patch is. Every piece of litter picked up is one less to pollute and endanger the environment.
*St John’s is running a small competition: see St John’s Poster Competition
After this Litter Pick week, ERA will be organising an Egham-wide litter pick as part of the Great British September Clean 2020 on World Clean Up Day, on 19th September.
Hope that individual, families and groups will enjoy taking part and please do check the government guidelines for groups outside your household that can gather as this is changing depending on outbreaks. Do also remember to maintain social distancing.
To connect with us: